Emirates Policy Center is looking for a Website Editor to develop, supervise and manage EPC’s website content in both Arabic and English.
- Supervise, follow up and update the website in both Arabic and English in coordination with the Center’s IT department.
- Make sure web pages are picked up by search engines (search engine optimization).
- Make all the necessary objective adjustment, editing, proofreading and summary to papers and studies prepared by EPC’s researchers and freelance researchers before posting them on the website.
- Manage the process of inviting researchers outside the Center to publish their papers and articles on the website.
- Write a periodical political analysis on the latest political events and developments.
- Draft news items on EPC’s various activities.
- Create and monitor EPC’s social media output and feedback.
- Take on the role of webmaster and be responsible for dealing with enquiries emailed from the site and overseeing any message boards.
- Report on website traffic statistics to EPC’s management.
- The Center’s website is in both Arabic and English. As such, the ideal candidate must have a strong command of the English and Arabic Language (reading and writing).
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills, with an understanding of the special requirements of writing for the Web.
- Must have a good eye for detail, with excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills.
- Need good organizational skills to collate material from multiple sources and produce web content within tight deadlines.
- Keep track of developments in web technology and good practice, website accessibility issues, for example.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and set work priorities.
- Must have good communication skills and teamwork spirit.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, multimedia, mass communication, international relations and political science.
- Previous experience (2 years at least) in an editorial or Web-related position also is a must.
Excellent political knowledge on the Middle East region, in general, and the Gulf region and the United Arab Emirates, in particular.